Purpose of SEAU
SEAU was officially organized on August 7, 1980 with 37 founding members. Six goals were outlined to define the purpose for the organization.
- Promote acquaintance and understanding among structural engineers.
- Promote technical expertise.
- Promote legislation and codes relating to structural engineering.
- Increase public awareness of structural engineering.
- Discourage unethical and detrimental practice.
- Promote high standards of structural engineering in the best interests of clients, community, public and the profession.