The following information is provided for your convenience. SEAU cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information and it should only be interpreted by an experienced and licensed engineer. We strongly urge anyone initiating a structural design to contact the Building Official and discuss the design criteria. Information below should be considered background information only. Only the Building Official can determine appropriate design criteria for your project.
Statewide laws, rules, and amendments
- Main DOPL UBC Site, with many helpful links to rules, committees, etc.
- State Construction and Fire Codes Act, Title 15A.
- Chapter 2, Adoption of the State Construction Code.
- Chapter 3, Statewide Amendments Incorporated.
- Chapter 4, Local Amendments Incorporated.
- Utah Uniform Building Standards Act, 58-56
- State Construction Code Administration and Adoption of Approved State Construction Code Rule, R156-15A. Section 401 shows approved (not adopted) building codes.
- Utah Uniform Building Standards Act Rules, State Rule 156-56.
- Request for Code Amendment Application
- Utah Uniform Building Code Commission
Seismic Design Values
USGS Earthquake Hazards Program Seismic Design Maps and Tools.